Location & Hours

open 10am to 6pm Tues-Fri & 9am to 3pm Saturdays

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sometimes good people do bad things.. to their hair.

Yesterday was beautiful here in the ATX. What the heck happened between then and now? Oh yeah. A crazy storm that's covering a huge chunk of the US. Bleh! It was so cold this morning that when I was finally able to drag myself out of the womb-like comfort of my bed, I did the one thing I tell absolutely every single one of my clients not to do. I jumped into the shower and turned the faucet all the way to the left. Oh glorious shower of hot hot steamy goodness!

Janet Leigh, Psycho

Why do I tell my clients not to do this? Because it is murder on your hair. Not only does it make your hair a little more frazzled and generally more dull, but it makes hair color fade so much faster. Yikes! So there I was standing half asleep under this wonderful hot water feeling oh so conflicted. I never wanted that moment to end, but at the same time I could feel the moisture (not to mention the hot pink hair color I JUST DID) running down the drain.

After some soul searching, a conditioning treatment, and a cup of coffee.. I decided not to beat myself up about it. I guess hair care is kinda like dieting. You want to follow all of the rules all of the time, but sometimes you just have to let yourself indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment